Simple tips on how to spot fraudsters
Fraudsters often introduce themselves as a well-known company and try to gain your trust but their motives are far from trustworthy. Their main goal is to:
- Steal your money.
- Involve you in questionable (usually illegal) activities.
- Place you in financial danger.
If you are asked to make financial transactions, become part of a particular group or participate in any sort of campaign, always remember to:
- Understand what these offers actually entail, even if a message looks or sounds genuine. Don't forget, fraudsters will often study their victim's profile and will know exactly how to initiate a response from you.
- Always double-check if these offers come from credible sources. Vivid Money's white papers, products and profiles can all be found here.
- If you have the smallest of doubts, our Vivid Money specialists are always available to advise and support your queries via the in-app chat service or via email.
Learn more about security awareness here.